Street Art Project
We are making postcards of Champaign County…
Send us your photos by April 15!
Photos can be professional or amateur, and can be from any time period, but must be original (do not send in others’ work)
- A) Photos of street art in Champaign County (graffiti, posters, public art, etc.)
- B) Artistic photos of what YOU say is art, taken in Champaign county (portions of broken down buildings, an interesting shadow… anything neat looking!)
- C) Photos of what YOU think signifies our community (places, activities, people, land/skyscapes, historic structures, etc.)
All submissions should be original work. Be sure to include:
• your name, phone, and email contact
• contact information for any people represented in the work (we need their permission!)
• your website (if applicable)
• a brief description of the piece and who/what/where it pertains to (e.g. “This is a photo of the mural in Lincoln Square Mall”
Photos should be sent in the highest quality format possible to:
ABOUT THE ART FROM THE STREETS PROJECT
WHAT IS IT?
The U-C Street Art Project seeks to share a diversity of perspectives on what “Urbana-Champaign” means to those who live here, including our histories and traditions as well as our present culture. We are doing this by collecting creative pieces that are linked to our community from both the general public as well as from professional artists and cultural workers.
WHERE WILL THEY GO?
Once collected, we will share the works online, through local media outlets, and via display on CUMTD buses. In addition, select works will be curated into a set of printed postcards that will be available online and in local stores.
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
OPTION ONE: Art FROM the Streets (e.g. photos or audio):
What does U-C look like? Sound like? Submit photos or audio from U-C that signify the people, places, and things in our local community: landscape, architecture, community members, street art, etc. These can be abstract or direct representations.
Submit photos of street art (graffiti, posters, etc)
OPTION TWO: Art FOR the Streets (e.g. stencils, silkscreen prints, photocopies, murals, blockprints, graffiti art.):
Create pieces intended for public display in informal spaces. What does “public art “look like from the ground up? Submit the pieces themselves or digital photos of them.
Digital media should be sent in the highest quality format possible to:
All other media should be sent to:
UC Street Art
1005 Fariview Ave
Urbana, IL 61801
PLEASE NOTE: Submissions are non-returnable. By submitting a piece you agree for it to be published under the Creative Commons license, with credit given to the artist.PLEASE NOTE: Submissions are non-returnable. By submitting a piece you agree for it to be published under the Creative Commons license, with credit given to the artist.